Fondazione Guido Bernardini
The Fondazione Guido Bernardini (FGB) was established in 2009 as an independent, non-profit organization in memory of Guido Bernardini.
FGB is devoted to continuing education and training of professionals involved in the care, welfare and use of laboratory animals; the overall mission is to support the humane and responsible use of animals in science and to promote the quality of biomedical research by encouraging high standards of knowledge and competence in scientific and technical staff.
The courses and scientific events are dedicated to an international audience to improve the harmonization of principles and attitudes. The syllabi of the courses are developed and regularly updated to include new subjects and innovative technologies.
The main objectives of the Fondazione are:
• To provide continuing and post-qualification professional training in laboratory animal science (LAS) by offering courses and scientific events such as symposia, seminars and workshops.
• To collaborate with associations and organizations involved in the education and training of LAS.
• To contribute to the implementation of the Three Rs by spreading the culture of care and the knowledge of appropriate standards of animal husbandry and use.
• To support and co-ordinate studies and research projects pertaining to human health and safety and new technologies in laboratory animal facilities.
• To promote and disseminate emerging technologies applicable in a modern laboratory animal facility through the initiatives of the Leonardo Technology Forum.
The FGB Scientific Committee
is composed of international experts with different backgrounds in the LAS field so to ensure the scientific excellence of educational and scientific programmes.
The training team
includes professionals with extensive experience in LAS and covers a variety of topics, modulating the programme through constant interaction with the participants.